The AI-hub is organising a hackathon form 6-8 March 2024. Focus of the event is: “The Personalization of Medicine by Machine Learning for Image Interpretation.”
This hackathon aims to foster collaboration and innovative problem-solving among PhD candidates involved in various aspects of AI model development. While the focus is on medical imaging, we welcome AI researchers from all related disciplines.
You can register here. (application deadline is 30 November)
– Location: Hotel NH Veluwe Sparrenhorst
– Dates: March 6 – March 8, 2024
– Target participants: Approximately 20 PhD students from the 4 participating institutions actively engaged in the development or application of AI methodologies.
– All accommodation expenses will be covered by the organization.
The primary goal of this hackathon is to bring together PhD candidates from the four member institutions of the EWUU Alliance: Eindhoven University of Technology, Wageningen University & Research, Utrecht University, and University Medical Center Utrecht. During the hackathon, participants will have the freedom to work on topics and applications of their choosing, promoting a diverse and enriching exchange of ideas.
– Team formation: Participants will form four of five groups.
– Topic selection: Each group will identify a specific topic or application to work on during the hackathon. The topic should fit the focus theme of the hackathon.
– Resources: Computational resources will be provided to aid in your work.
– Mentorship: Each group will be assigned a mentor for guidance throughout the event.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by November 30. You can apply by filling the registration form below.
Participants will be selected based on the CV, while ensuring diversity of research backgrounds and good representation of the four participating institutions.
– November 1, 2023: Call is open for applications
– November 30, 2023: Application deadline
– December 15, 2023: Groups of participants are formed and mentors are assigned
– February 1, 2023: Groups report the topic or applications they will work on during the hackathon
– March 6 – March 8, 2024: Hackathon dates
We look forward to receiving your applications and to an enriching and collaborative experience at the hackathon!